The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, January 15. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Delivers Joseph
Passage: Genesis 39–50
Principle: God is in control of every circumstance.
Praise: “Great Is Thy Faithfulness”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did God help Joseph while he was in Egypt?
- Whose dreams did Joseph interpret?
- What position did Pharaoh give Joseph?
- Who came to Egypt to buy food?
- Did Joseph forgive his brothers?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting God even when people do evil things.
- By being faithful and obedient to God during difficult times.
- By forgiving others.
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 39–50.
Next Week: Exodus 1-2
Key Verse: Genesis 50:20
“But as for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good,…to save many people alive.”