The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 23. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Judges Sodom and Gomorrah
Passage: Genesis 18:16–19:29
Principle: God hates and judges sin.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why was God going to punish the people of Sodom and Gomorrah?
- Why did Abraham ask God to save the good people in Sodom?
- Who warned Lot to leave the city?
- How did God punish Sodom and Gomorrah?
- Whom did God save from judgment?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By obeying God’s Word and listening to His warnings.
- By turning from sin.
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 18:16–19:29.
Next Week: Genesis 21:1–14
Key Verse: Genesis 18:20-21
“And the Lord said, ‘Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave, I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.’”