The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 16. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Abraham and Sarah Doubt God
Passage: Genesis 16:1–6; 17:15–21; 18:1–15
Principle: Nothing can stop God’s plans.
Praise: “Father Abraham”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What did God promise Abraham and Sarah?
- How old were Abraham and Sarah?
- Did they believe God’s promise?
- Did God fulfill His promise through Sarah or through Hagar?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting God’s promises, even if they seem impossible.
- By being patient for God to fulfill His promises.
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 16:1–6; 17:15–21; 18:1–15.
Next Week: God Judges Sodom and Gomorrah
Key Verse: Genesis 17:16
“I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall
be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her.”