The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 31. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Judges Sodom and Gomorrah
Passage: Genesis 18:16–19:29
Principle: God hates and judges sin.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why was God going to punish the people of Sodom and Gomorrah?
- Why did Abraham ask God to save the good people in Sodom?
- Who warned Lot to leave the city?
- How did God punish Sodom and Gomorrah?
- Whom did God save from judgment?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By obeying God’s Word and listening to His warnings.
- By turning from sin.
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 18:16–19:29.
Next Week: Genesis 21:1–14
Memory Verses: “There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy” James 4:12a*
* Preschool verse in bold print