In our Adult Bible Fellowships we learned in our bible study over the Gospel of Mark that Mark wrote to Christians in Rome to encourage and strengthen their faith. And He focuses the narrative on two main questions.
- Who is Jesus? (1:1-8:30)
- What does Jesus expect from those who follow him? (8:31-16:8)
Mark 8:31-10:52 have a recurring pattern.
Passion Prediction (8:31; 9:30-31; 10-32-34)
- Rise Again
Reaction from the Disciples (8:32-33; 9:32; 10:35-41)
- Request for honor
Discipleships Lessons (8:33-9:29; 9:33-10:31; 10:42-52)
We have already learned about radical service, and radical dependence…now we discuss a radical view of greatness: Humility, viewing ourselves and others from the proper place.
Lesson 20 – Mark 9:30-50 – Putting us in our place
Consider the following discussion questions.
- How does Jesus’ view of what is greatest, help you think about discipleship?
- What are some of the ways we tend to guard our turf?
- how might we be conditioned to accept or even endorse sin?
- How can we radically address sin in our lives?