In our Adult Bible Fellowships we learned in our bible study over the Gospel of Mark that Mark wrote to Christians in Rome to encourage and strengthen their faith. And He focuses the narrative on two main questions.
- Who is Jesus? (1:1-8:30)
- What does Jesus expect from those who follow him? (8:31-16:8)
We now transition into the section of discipleship. Consider this chart as you think of the rest of the book of Mark and how each Passion prediction is coupled with key lessons on discipleship.
Lesson 19 – Mark 9:1-29 – Jesus Demands Radical Dependance
Consider the following discussion questions.
- God speaking from heaven is a big deal. What do you take from the message, “This is my beloved son, listen to Him”
- What stands out to you with the demon possession situation, and how would this situation help the disciples learn what it means to follow Jesus.
- How does this lesson on discipleship help you think about your gifts, ability, and authority?
- How does this help you understand the purpose and importance of prayer?