In our Adult Bible Fellowships we learned in our bible study over the Gospel of Mark that Mark wrote to Christians in Rome to encourage and strengthen their faith. And He focuses the narrative on two main questions.
- Who is Jesus? (1:1-8:30)
- What does Jesus expect from those who follow him? (8:31-16:8)
The main point of Mark 4:35-8:30 is that for Jesus to be seen properly, Jesus must be viewed by faith. Without faith, Jesus is the one who is seen but not recognized and the one who is heard but not understood
Lesson 16 – Mark 7:24-8:13 – Notice how faith is emphasized with the Syrophoenician Woman, Deaf & Mute man, feeding the 4,000, Pharisee’s testing Jesus.
- DISCUSS – What do we know about the Syrophoenician woman? How does she help you think about your faith?
- DISCUSS – Read Isaiah 35:1-10, and consider the blessing to the gentiles that is highlighted in the OT.
- DISCUSS – Feeding the 4,000 compared to feeding the 5,000. What was different in feeding the two crowds?
- DISCUSS – What have you been learning about the importance of faith in our relationship with the Lord?