In our Adult Bible Fellowships we learned in our bible study over the Gospel of Mark that Mark wrote to Christians in Rome to encourage and strengthen their faith. And He focuses the narrative on two main questions.
- Who is Jesus? (1:1-8:30)
- What does Jesus expect from those who follow him? (8:31-16:8)
So far we have seen that the Gospel of Mark answers the first question as follows
- Mark 1:1-13 = Jesus is Yahweh, God Himself Come to earth
- Mark 1:14-20 = Jesus is on a mission, to call people to repent and believe in the Gospel.
- Mark 1:21-45 = Jesus has authority over Satan and Sickness
- Mark 2:1-3:6 = Jesus has authority over Sin and the Law
- Mark 3:13-4:34 = Jesus separates true followers from those who are fake.
Answer #6: Without Faith, Jesus is the one who is seen but not recognized and the one who is heard but not understood
So in preparation for ABF on Sunday please read the passages listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- How do you see the insider and outsider crowd theme revisited?
- What differences and what similarities do you see between Jairus and the woman? What stands out as main point of both sections.
- How does comparing the two stories apply to us and strengthen our faith in Christ?
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.