In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel that God’s people must focus on what God wants…what his heart is, so we can be led and directed by God’s word.
- At times we want God’s blessing, but not His guidance, especially when we are under pressure or need to wait and trust.
- Helplessness is not the same as hopelessness – God deliverers the Helpless for his namesake
- Being a man or woman after God’s own heart means loving what God loves and being willing to be guided by His commands.
- Faith is about trusting God’s character and stepping out humbly and asking the Lord to use you to glorify himself.
1 Samuel 15 – God’s Heart
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative. Note what is important to God and how he responds to the sin of His people and how His people respond to their sin.
Also, please think about the following discussion questions.
- Where do you see the focus on listen, hear or obey in the chapter?
- What stands out to you about Saul’s response to Samuel?
- How can praise of man or fear of man influence us to disobey God and even view things as good?
- What do you see characterizing Saul’s repentance? What do you see characterizing God’s “repentance”
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.