The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, December 11. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The King Is Adored
Passage: Matthew 2:1–12
Principle: The wise men are an example of how to adore the King of kings.
Praise: “Joy to the World”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who were the magi, and why did they come to see Jesus?
- Why was it important that Jesus was born in Bethlehem?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By thanking God that His Son came to earth in such a humble way to save undeserving sinners.
- By worshiping Christ with “exceeding joy,” as the magi did.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 2:1–12.
Next Week: Matthew 2:13–23
Memory Verses: “You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.” Luke 4:8*
* Preschool verse in bold print