The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, December 4. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The King Is Born
Passage: Matthew 1:1–25
Principle: God’s amazing grace is seen in His sending Christ to Earth.
Praise: “Hark! the Herald Angels Sing”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What does Jesus’ name mean, and why is it important?
- Why did God come to earth as a man?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By believing what God’s Word says, no matter what people say.
- By thanking God for sending His Son to live the perfect life and die for sinful men.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 1:1–25.
Next Week: Matthew 2:1–12
Memory Verses: “…you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21*
* Preschool verse in bold print