The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 23. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Ananias and Sapphira Lie to the Holy Spirit
Passage: Acts 4:32–5:11
Principle: Believers should fear being hypocrites.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who was a good example of a Spirit-led believer?
- Why did God take the lives of Ananias and Sapphira?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By fearing God, who has power over life and death.
- By demonstrating forgiveness in sharing with those in need.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Acts 4:32–5:11.
Next Week: Acts 5:17–42
Memory Verse: “No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.” Luke 16:13*
* Preschool verse in bold print