The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 2. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Returns to Heaven
Passage: Acts 1:1–11
Principle: God’s plan to spread the gospel will continue until Jesus returns.
Praise: “Seek Ye First”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why were the apostles commanded to wait in Jerusalem?
- What was God’s plan for the spread of the gospel?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By eagerly waiting for Jesus’ return
- By proclaiming the gospel to others
This Week: As a family, read Acts 1:1–11.
Next Week: Acts 2:1–47
Memory Verse: “…you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:8b*
* Preschool verse in bold print