The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, February 8. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Ordains the Day of Atonement
Passage: Leviticus 11–16
Principle: Man constantly needs to confess sin.
Praise: “Create in Me a Clean Heart”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who is holy and without sin?
- What was the purpose of the Day of Atonement?
- Why were animals sacrificed?
- What cleanses a Christian from sin?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By confessing every sin to God.
- By praising God for eternal forgiveness through Jesus’ death on the cross.
- By trusting Jesus for eternal forgiveness.
This Week: As a family, read Leviticus 11–16.
Next Week: Leviticus 19
Memory Verses: “For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but [Jesus was] tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:15*
* Preschool verse in bold print