The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 16. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Parts the Red Sea
Passage: Exodus 14–15
Principle: God wants us to trust and praise His power.
Praise: “I Sing the Mighty Power of God”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions.
- Who led Israel to the Red Sea?
- Why did God lead the Israelites to the Red Sea?
- How did the Israelites escape the Egyptian army?
- What did God do to the Egyptian army?
- Did the Israelites worship God for delivering them?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By submitting to the awesome power of God.
- By praising God for His mighty deeds.
- By trusting in God’s love for His people.
This Week: As a family, read Exodus 14–15.
Next Week: Exodus 15:22–17:7
Memory Verses: “Honor your father and your mother” Exodus 20:12