The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, May 27. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Requires Holy Living
Passage: Leviticus 19
Principle: God is holy and wants believers to live holy lives.
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did God command the Israelites to live holy lives?
- What does it mean to be holy?
- How can one live a holy life?
- Are Christians commanded to live holy lives?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By obeying his father and mother.
- By being kind to others.
- By obeying and respecting older people.
This Week: As a family, read Leviticus 19.
Next Week: Numbers 11-12 as many kids promote to their next class.
Key Verse: Leviticus 19:2
“Speak to all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy.’”