The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, May 13. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Establishes the Priesthood
Passage: Leviticus 9:22–10:7
Principle: Man needs a mediator to come before God.
Praise: “Lord, I Lift Your Name on High”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did God create the role of a priest?
- Did the priests have to obey God’s laws?
- What happened to the two priests who disobeyed God’s commands?
- Who is the sinless priest?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting only Jesus to bring him to God.
- By confessing his sins to God and asking Jesus to help him.
- By worshiping God with the right attitudes and actions.
This Week: As a family, read Leviticus 9:22–10:7.
Next Week: Leviticus 11–16
Key Verse: Leviticus 10:3b
“By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy; and before all the people I must be glorified”