The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, December 18. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Wise Men Worship Jesus
Passage: Matthew 2:1–18
Principle: Jesus deserves our worship because He is the King of kings.
Praise: “O Worship the King”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What promise did God keep when Jesus was born?
- Who came to worship Jesus?
- How did they find Him?
- What did the wise men do when they found Jesus?
- What gifts did the wise men bring Jesus?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By believing that Jesus is the promised King.
- By worshiping Jesus through being humble and giving to others.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 2:1–18
Next Week: We will have special Christmas Day ministries. 2 year-olds and 3 year-olds should go to their classrooms. 4 year-olds through 5th Graders should meet in the church gym. During the following week, we suggest making goals for the new year with your family.
In Two Weeks: Genesis 32
Key Verse: Matthew 2:11
“And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him.”