The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, December 4. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Reveals the Messiah
Passage: Matthew 1:18–25; Luke 1:26–38
Principle: Jesus is Savior and Lord and deserves all our worship.
Praise: “Joy to the World”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why was Joseph’s family history important?
- What did the angel tell Mary about the baby that she would have?
- What is important about the names Immanuel, Savior, and Son of the Most High?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting that God always keeps His promises.
- By telling others about the Savior this Christmas.
- By obeying Jesus Christ as Lord and God.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 1:18–25; Luke 1:26–38
Next Week: Luke 1:5–25, 57–67, 76–80
Key Verse: Matthew 1:21
“And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”