Here are just a few of the great discussions you can have as a parent and teen about movie Soul Surfer. These are life discussions that get to the core of a person’s being and grapple with one’s relationship to God and others.
- When life appears to be hopeless God can provide hope and comfort – 2 Corinthians 1:3-4; Colossians 1:27.
- God’s use of tragedy to bring about His glory and our (a person who has a relationship with Him) good – Romans 8:28-29.
- God’s use of trials and “hard things” in life to develop endurance, character, and hope – Romans 5:1-5.
- God provides strength to overcome temptations to give up, complain, or blame others – I Corinthians 10:13.
- Life is about living and loving God and others more than me getting what I want when I want – Philippians 2:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:15.
- A loving/godly family is very important to handling life God’s way – Proverbs; Ephesians 6.
There are many other great topics and lessons in this move based on a true story. Feel free to add to the list.