January 2010 is going to be a busy month. In one month alone we are planning to welcome 4 new girls. That is a lot of change all at once, but we’re confident we will be able to coordinate it.
Here are ways that you could be praying for the transition:
1. Pray that each girl that moves in will be bringing a humble, teachable attitude.
2. Pray that they would be looking forward to being in the program instead of dreading it.
3. Pray that they would not face circumstances that would derail their plans. Many times lots of last minute things occur which make it easy to back out of plans.
4. Pray for travelling mercies. January in Indiana is not known for it’s easy travel or warm and balmy weather.
5. Pray for the girls who are already living in the VOH house. Transitioning a new girl into the group takes a lot of effort, and they each have to be purposefully loving or there tends to be bumps.
6. Pray for each new girl’s counselor. Getting a new girl settled into the program can be challenging. We want each girl to begin her stay with optimistic hope for the future, and many times the first 2 weeks are very hard.
7. Pray for each new girl that is settling in to learn the routine quickly, so she can focus on learning, growing, and changing.
We are so thankful for the many prayer partners we have. Vision of Hope is participating in spiritual warfare, fighting for the souls of girls. You are too when you pray with us!