In our Adult Bible Fellowship class we were studying the difference between having Temporal or Eternal relationships. It proved to be a fascinating discussion about our focus and purpose of our relationships with one another. There is a good tension in handling today’s situations along with focusing on making decisions that will likely impact the future.
It seems that more and more of my time is focused on long-range planning that impacts much of what we are doing currently. I am reminded of the verse in Proverbs 16:9, “The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps”. While planning is important, it is very important to consider God’s will in future plans.
There is so much that we want to accomplish at Faith Christian School! We want to continue to effectively partner with families who desire an excellent Christian education. We desire to equip our students to live effectively in God’s world. We also want to help our students acquire a biblical worldview that is foundational for their future.
Some of the other short and long term plans include:
- Determine what scope of special needs services that FCS might offer families and students.
- Participate in the Indiana High School Athletic Association starting in the 2012 – 2013 school year. We are currently serving the 2nd of our 2 year probation with the IHSAA, and we are looking forward to participating in the state tournament next year.
- Plan to participate in a partnership with Hope Christian School in Uganda, Africa. This might include sponsoring students and a teacher exchange program.
- Start a limited vocational education tract in our 11th and 12th grades. This could possibly include concentrations in woodworking, automotive repair, home improvement/repair, and landscaping.
- Offer an AP Class in Psychology along with additional elective classes in both jr. and sr. high.
- We also need to focus on adopting the Common Core Standards that are being introduced at most grade levels. Along with the Common Core Standards, we will
start our Accreditation Process through the Association of Christian Schools
International (ACSI) as our accreditation expires in 2014.
- Continue to implement the voucher program at Faith Christian School and strengthen our relationships with more and more local churches in the Lafayette community.
- We also want to take steps at being a contributor and blessing to the Lafayette community and help serve our community as well as we possibly can.
The future looks very bright and exciting for Faith Christian School. I’m
thankful to be a part of a progressive Christian school with such a loving and
committed staff. With God’s leading and our commitment to His will, I believe that accomplishing these initiatives will allow us to offer families the Christ-centered education that they desire and that positions their student positively in the areas of spiritual and academic growth along with developing godly friendships that will last for a lifetime.
“Commit your works to the LORD, and your plans will be established.” Proverbs 16:3