The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, September 3. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Floods the Earth and Preserves Noah
Read: Genesis 6:5–9:17
Emphasize this principle: God shows grace to those who repent. Therefore, we should turn from sin and follow Him.
Ask your child:
- Why did God flood the earth? Man’s sin became “great on the earth.”
- How did Noah respond to God’s grace? He obeyed God by constructing the ark.
- Repent and embrace Jesus as Lord.
- Obey and trust God as Noah did.
Sing: “Rise and Shine”
Prepare for next week: Read Genesis 11:1-9
Memorize Aug 20-Sep 10: “So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.” 2 Corinthians 5:9 (NIV)*
* Preschool verse in bold print