The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, September 19. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Makes a Promise to Abram
Read: Genesis 11:27–12:9
Ask your child:
- What did Abram worship before God called him? Idols
- What did God ask Abram to do? Leave his homeland and follow Him.
- What did God promise Abram? Land, seed, and blessing (see Gen. 12:1-3)
Emphasize this principle: God calls people to follow him. Therefore, we should trust Him and obey.
- Trust God’s promises.
- Follow God by believing in His Son.
- Obey God even when it is difficult.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prepare for next week: Genesis 16:1–6; 17:15–21; 18:1–15
Memorize Sep 19-Oct 10: “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17*