The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, September 15. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Makes a Promise to Abram
Read: Genesis 11:27–12:9
Ask your child:
- What did Abram worship before God called him? Idols
- What did God ask Abram to do? Leave his homeland and follow Him.
- What did God promise Abram? Land, seed, and blessing (see Gen. 12:1-3)
Emphasize this principle: God calls people to follow him. Therefore, we should trust Him and obey.
- Trust God’s promises.
- Follow God by believing in His Son.
- Obey God even when it is difficult.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prepare for next week: Genesis 16:1–6; 17:15–21; 18:1–15
Memorize Aug 18-Sep 15: “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40*
* Preschool verse in bold print