The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 6. We would encourage you to use
the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Preserves Joseph and Israel
Read: Genesis 37, 39-50
Ask your child:
- What did Joseph’s brothers do to him? His brothers sold him into slavery.
- What happened after Joseph was sold into slavery? He interpreted dreams for Pharaoh and was put in charge of Egypt.
- How did God reunite Joseph and his brothers? The famine brought them together. Joseph forgave and cared for his family.
Emphasize this principle: God uses everything in our lives to help us grow. Therefore, we should please him with every choice we make.
- Trust God, even when life is hard.
- Forgive others when they sin against you.
Praise: “Rejoice in the Lord Always”
Prepare for next week: Genesis 1-50
Memorize for Sep 22 – Oct 20: “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12*