The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 30. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Sends Plagues and Ordains the Passover
Read: Exodus 7-13
Ask your child:
- How did God redeem His people from bondage in Egypt? He sent 10 plagues.
- Why were the plagues necessary? Pharaoh would not let the Israelites go. God wanted to show His power to the Israelites, Egyptians & world.
- What is Passover? A feast celebrating God’s mercy when the angel of the Lord “passed over” the Israelites’ homes while bringing judgment on the Egyptians.
- What is mercy? God withholds the punishment that one deserves
Emphasize this principle: God redeems His people from bondage.
Therefore, we should surrender our lives to Him.
- Praise God for His redeeming people from bondage.
- Trust God by quickly obeying and repenting.
Sing: “Go Down Moses”
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 14-15
Memorize for Oct 30-Dec 4: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.” Romans 8:28-29 (NIV)*
* Preschool verse in bold