The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 24 We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Prepares Israel for Deliverance
Read: Exodus 1-4
Ask your child:
- What is the storyline of Exodus? God redeems the Hebrew people and makes them His own special nation.
- Was Pharaoh able to spoil God’s plan for His people? No
- Who did God prepare to deliver His people? Moses
- How did God appear to Moses? In the burning bush
- Why did Moses remove his sandals? He was in God’s holy presence.
- What is holiness? To be set apart from sin
- Could Moses change God’s plan to use him? No
Emphasize this principle: God always accomplishes His will. Therefore, we should cooperate with his plan.
- Praise God for His holiness and care of His people.
- Trust God’s plan and seek His help when life gets hard.
Praise: “Go Down Moses”
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 7-13
Memorize for Oct 17-Nov 7: “But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.” James 1:22*