The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School
classes on Sunday, October 20. We would encourage you to use
the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Prepares Israel for Deliverance
Read: Exodus 1-4
Ask your child:
- What is the story line of Exodus? God redeems the Hebrew people and makes them His own special nation.
- Was Pharaoh able to spoil God’s plan for His people? No
- Who did God prepare to deliver His people? Moses
- How did God appear to Moses? In the burning bush
- Why did Moses remove his sandals? He was in God’s holy presence.
- What is holiness? To be set apart from sin
- Could Moses change God’s plan to use him? No
Emphasize this principle: God always accomplishes His will. Therefore, we should cooperate with his plan.
- Praise God for His holiness and care of His people.
- Trust God’s plan and seek His help when life gets hard.
Praise: “Go Down Moses”
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 7-13
Memorize for Sep 22 – Oct 20: “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12*