The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 17. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Read: Genesis 1-50
Ask your child:
- What existed “in the beginning”? Only God
- Who created everything that exists? God
- What do the stories of Adam & Eve, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph teach us about our relationship with God? A relationship with God requires trust and submission to His plan.
- Who always takes care of His people? God
Emphasize this principle: God created us to know Him. Therefore,
we should trust and obey.
- Praise God for His work in creation & faithfulness to His people.
- Trust in God’s control by obeying His Word
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 1-4
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Memorize for Oct 17-Nov 7: “But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.” James 1:22*