The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 10. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Preserves Joseph and Israel
Read: Genesis 37, 39-50
Ask your child:
- What did Joseph’s brothers do to him? His brothers sold him into slavery.
- What happened after Joseph was sold into slavery? He interpreted dreams for Pharaoh and was put in charge of Egypt.
- How did God reunite Joseph and his brothers? The famine brought them together. Joseph forgave and cared for his family.
Emphasize this principle: God uses everything in our lives to help us grow. Therefore, we should please him with every choice we make.
- Trust God, even when life is hard.
- Forgive others when they sin against you.
Praise: “Rejoice in the Lord Always”
Prepare for next week: Genesis 1-50
Memorize Sep 19-Oct 10: “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17*