The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 8. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Read: Genesis 1-50
Ask your child:
- What existed “in the beginning”? Only God
- Who created everything that exists? God
- What do the stories of Adam & Eve, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph teach us about our relationship with God? A relationship with God requires trust and submission to His plan.
- Who always takes care of His people? God
Emphasize this principle: God created us to know Him. Therefore, we should trust and obey.
- Praise God for His work in creation & faithfulness to His people.
- Trust in God’s control by obeying His Word
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 1-4
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Memorize for Nov 8-Nov 29: “Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.” Romans 13:1*