The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 6. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Parts the Red Sea
Read: Exodus 14-15
Ask your child:
- Why did God have the Israelites wait before crossing the Red Sea?
To teach the Israelites to trust Him.
- How did the Lord protect the Israelites?
He barred the way of the Egyptians as He parted the Red Sea for His people.
- How did the Israelites respond? They worshipped Him for His deliverance.
Emphasize this principle: God is a powerful deliverer. Therefore, we should trust and worship Him.
- Praise God for His power and His plan.
- Trust Jesus for deliverance from sin and death.
- Post reminders of God’s ability to rescue from temptation.
Sing: “Pharaoh, Pharaoh”
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 19-20
Memorize for Oct 30-Dec 4: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.” Romans 8:28-29 (NIV)*
* Preschool verse in bold