The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 29. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Parts the Red Sea
Read: Exodus 14-15
Ask your child:
- Why did God have the Israelites wait before crossing the Red Sea?
To teach the Israelites to trust Him.
- How did the Lord protect the Israelites?
He barred the way of the Egyptians as He parted the Red Sea for His people.
- How did the Israelites respond? They worshipped Him for His deliverance.
Emphasize this principle: God is a powerful deliverer. Therefore, we should trust and worship Him.
- Praise God for His power and His plan.
- Trust Jesus for deliverance from sin and death.
- Post reminders of God’s ability to rescue from temptation.
Sing: “Pharaoh, Pharaoh”
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 19-20
Memorize for Nov 8-Nov 29: “Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.” Romans 13:1*