The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 26. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Ordains the Sacrificial System
Read: Leviticus 1-7
Ask your child:
- What types of offerings did the Israelites give to God? Burnt, grain, peace, and sin offerings
- Why did the Israelites offer sacrifices? By offering sacrifices, God’s people acknowledged their sin and displayed a desire for fellowship with God.
- How was the worshiper forgiven? Out of mercy, God allowed an animal to die instead of the sinner.
- Who was the perfect sacrifice? Jesus Christ
Emphasize this principle: Fellowship with God requires sacrifice. Therefore, we should repent and draw near to Him.
- Trust Jesus who took your punishment.
- Obey God and His Word
Sing: “Trust & Obey”
Prepare for next week: Read Numbers 13-14
Memorize for Nov 12-Dec 3: “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” Galatians 2:20*
* Preschool verse in bold