The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 25. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Ordains the Sacrificial System
Read: Leviticus 1-7
Sing: “Trust & Obey”
Ask your child:
- What types of offerings did the Israelites give to God? Burnt, grain, peace, and sin offerings
- Why did the Israelites offer sacrifices? By offering sacrifices God’s people acknowledged their sin against God and displayed a desire for fellowship with Him.
- How was the worshiper forgiven? Out of His mercy, God allowed an animal to die instead of the sinner.
- Who is the perfect sacrifice? Jesus Christ
Emphasize this principle: Fellowship with God requires sacrifice. Therefore, we should repent and draw near to Him.
- By trusting Jesus to take your punishment.
- By obeying parents and leaders.
- By praising God by giving Him the you effort and attitude.
Prepare for next week: Read Numbers 13-14
Memorize for Nov 11-Dec 2: “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” Ephesians 6:1*
* Preschool verse in bold