The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 22. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Sends Plagues and Ordains the Passover
Read: Exodus 7-13
Ask your child:
- How did God redeem His people from bondage in Egypt? He sent 10 plagues.
- Why were the plagues necessary? Pharaoh would not let the Israelites go. God wanted to show His power to the Israelites, Egyptians & world.
- What is Passover? A feast celebrating God’s mercy when the angel of the Lord “passed over” the Israelites’ homes while bringing judgment on the Egyptians.
- What is mercy? God withholds the punishment that one deserves
Emphasize this principle: God redeems His people from bondage.
Therefore, we should surrender our lives to Him.
- Praise God for His redeeming people from bondage.
- Trust God by quickly obeying and repenting.
Sing: “Go Down Moses”
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 14-15
Memorize for Nov 8-Nov 29: “Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.” Romans 13:1*