God’s Covenant and Commandments for Israel
The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 11. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Read: Exodus 19-20
Sing: “Seek Ye First”
Ask your child:
- What did God promise Israel in His covenant with them?
He would make them a holy nation, a royal priesthood, and His treasured people.
- What did God’s people promise that they would do?
Listen to His voice and keep His covenant.
- What are two major truths revealed by the 10 commandments?
God is holy. People cannot obey God perfectly.
Emphasize this principle: God is holy. Therefore, we should love and obey Him.
- Praise God for treasuring His people.
- Trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins.
- Demonstrate love for God by obeying His Word.
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 25-31, 40
Memorize for Nov 11-Dec 2: “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” Ephesians 6:1*
* Preschool verse in bold