The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School
classes on Sunday, November 10. We would encourage you to use
the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God’s Covenant and Commandments for Israel
Read: Exodus 19-20
Ask your child:
- What did God promise Israel in His covenant with them? He would make them a holy nation, a royal priesthood, and His treasured people.
- What did the Israelites promise to the Lord? They promised that they would listen to His voice and keep His covenant.
- What are two major truths revealed by the 10 commandments? God is holy. People cannot obey God perfectly.
Emphasize this principle: God is holy. Therefore, we should love and obey Him.
- Praise God for treasuring His people.
- Trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins.
- Demonstrate love for God by obeying His Word.
Sing: “Seek Ye First”
Prepare for next week: Read Exodus 25-31, 40
Memorize for Nov 3-Dec 1: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.” Romans 8:28-29 (NIV)*
* Preschool verse in bold