The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, May 28. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Walks on Water
Read: Matthew 14:22-33
Ask your child:
- What miracles did Jesus perform in today’s lesson? Jesus walked on water, enabled Peter to do the same, and calmed the storm.
- Why did the disciples worship Jesus? In witnessing Christ’s power over nature, the disciples recognized in a deeper way that Jesus is God.
Emphasize this principle: Jesus is Almighty God. Therefore, we should trust and worship him.
- Make Jesus the focus of your life.
- Worship Jesus with humility and passion.
- Trust in Jesus by serving and obeying Him.
Sing: “He Is Lord”
Prepare for next week: Matthew 16:13-17, 21-27
Memorize for Apr 30-May 28: “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9 (ESV)*
* Preschool verse in bold