The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, May 20. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God’s Sovereignty in the Book of Ruth
Passage: Ruth 1–4
Principle: Believers are to trust God’s sovereignty and faithfully follow His commands.
Praise: “It Is Well With My Soul”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How were Naomi and Ruth obedient even in hard times?
- How did God resolve their problems, and why is it important to us today?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting that God is sovereign over both good and bad events.
- By responding rightly in the midst of trials.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Ruth 1–4.
Next Week: 1 Samuel 1–7
Memory Verse: And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28*
* Preschool verse in bold print