The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, May 13. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Uses Samson to Deliver Israel
Passage: Judges 13-16
Principle: God uses the gifts that He gives for His glory.
Praise: “Change My Heart, Oh God”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What was good and bad in Samson’s life?
- How did God accomplish His will in Samson’s life?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By looking for ways that God has designed him to serve Him.
- By repenting of the sin that he pursues instead of obeying God.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Judges 13–16.
Next Week: Ruth 1-4
Memory Verse: Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31*
* Preschool verse in bold print