The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, March 22. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Son of Man Anticipates His Death
Passage: Luke 22:7–23; 39–46
Principle: Jesus is the sacrificial Lamb of God.
Praise: “White as Snow”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What is the significance and symbolism of the Passover?
- Why does our sin require the perfect sacrifice of Christ?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By thanking God for sending His Son to be the perfect sacrifice for sin.
- By obeying Jesus by remembering what He did on the cross.
This Week: As a family, read Luke 22:7–23; 39–46.
Next Week: Luke 22:47–53; 26–49
Memory Verses: “This is My body which is given for you…This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you” Luke 22:19b-20*
* Preschool verse in bold print