The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, March 11. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Reveals His Might at the Jordan
Passage: Joshua 3:1–5:1
Principle: Believers are to remember God’s might and demonstrate godly fear by obeying Him.
Praise: “Rock of Ages”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did God have Joshua set up stones from the Jordan River?
- Why did God perform this mighty act before Israel entered the Promised Land?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By being encouraged that God is mighty in difficult situations.
- By remembering the Lord’s mighty acts.
- By fearing and obeying the Lord.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Joshua 3:1–5:1.
Next Week: Luke 22:7–23; 39–46
Memory Verses: “…fear the LORD your God forever.” Joshua 4:24