The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, June 3. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Israel Rejects God as King
Passage: 1 Samuel 8–12
Principle: God is King, and we must submit to Him.
Praise: “He Reigns”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why was Israel’s request for a king sinful?
- What were God’s conditions for blessing Israel and their new king?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting God, not human strength or wisdom, in trying times.
- By obeying God, who is King
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of 1 Samuel 8–12.
Next Week: 1 Samuel 13:1–14; 15:1–34
Memory Verse: It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8
* Preschool verse in bold print