The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, June 12. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Promises Rest
Passage: Matthew 11:20–30
Principle: Jesus says to take up His yoke and learn from Him.
Praise: “Jesus, Name above All Names”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why is it dangerous to hear about Jesus’ miracles and not repent?
- What does Jesus require of and promise to those whom He calls (Matt. 11:28)?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By coming to Jesus when he is weary and heavy laden with trying to reach heaven on his own.
- By taking up Jesus’ yoke and learning from Him.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 11:20–30.
Next Week: Matthew 12:22–37
Memory Verse: “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28*
* Preschool verse in bold print