The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, June 10. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Saul Disobeys God
Passage: 1 Samuel 13:1–14; 15:1–34
Principle: God’s Word is authoritative and must be obeyed.
Praise: “Create in Me a Clean Heart”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did Saul’s actions displease the Lord?
- How did Saul try to justify his actions?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By submitting to the authority of God’s Word and obeying it completely.
- By repenting from being stubborn, which is a serious offense to God.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of 1 Samuel 13:1–14; 15:1–34.
Next Week: 1 Samuel 16
Memory Verse: “Has the Lord as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice.” 1 Samuel 15:22
* Preschool verse in bold print