The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 25. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Ascends and the Holy Spirit Arrives
Read: Acts 1:1-11; 2:1-47
Ask your child:
- What was God’s plan for the spread of the gospel? The disciples would be His witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the uttermost parts of the earth (Acts 1:8)
- What happened on the day of Pentecost? The Holy Spirit indwelt Christ’s followers and enabled them to speak in languages understood by foreign peoples. Peter proclaimed the gospel. 3000 believed and were baptized.
- What characterized the lives of early Christians? They cared for the needs of fellow believers.
Emphasize this principle: God has given us a mission. Therefore, we should tell others about Jesus.
- Proclaim the gospel to others.
- Share with believers in need.
Praise: “Seek Ye First”
Prepare for next week: Acts 3:1-4:31
Memorize for Jul 25-Aug 15: “So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. Galatians 6:10*