The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 16. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Chooses Jacob Over Esau
Passage: Genesis 25:21–26; 27:1–29
Principle: God sovereignly chooses whomever He wants to accomplish His purposes.
Praise: “God Will Take Care of You”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What were the names of the twins born to Isaac and Rebekah?
- Which brother did God choose to receive the birthright?
- How did Jacob steal the inheritance?
- How was God gracious to Jacob?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By patiently waiting for God’s timing.
- By not committing one sin to make up for another sin.
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 25:21–26; 27:1–29.
Next Week: Genesis 32
Memory Verses: “‘I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.’” Romans 9:15*
* Preschool verse in bold print