The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 12. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Stephen Courageously Shares His Faith
Read: Acts 6:1-7:60
Ask your child:
- How did Stephen respond to charges that He had broken the law? He explained that Jesus was the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, the Messiah.
- Why did Stephen share his faith in Christ when he knew he could be killed for it? Stephen wanted to be faithful to God, and he trusted God with his future.
- What happened to Stephen? He was stoned and went to heaven. The story of his faithfulness is forever included in God’s Word.
Emphasize this principle: God offers redemption through His Son. Therefore, we should trust Him as we bear witness.
- Tell others of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection.
- Do what pleases the Lord and trust God for your future.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prepare for next week: Acts 9:1-31
Memorize for June 28-July 12: “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23* Preschool verse in bold